Next Level English Vocabulary
This program is intended all students who want to learn English and extend their English vocabulary and progress to the "Next Level". Beginners and especially advanced students will find more than 20,000 flashcards with audio pronunciation. You will gradually remember these words using a system of spaced repetition learning. This program is suitable for both beginners and advanced students, but it is primarily intended for speakers who already know English well and who want to improve their English to the next level.
The main features of the application
- 25 000 flashcards with pronunciation
- create your own flashcards and import vocabulary from MS Excel (only full version)
- three types of flashcards (Czech, English and Audio only)
- each flashcard displays up to three translations, additonal translations area available
- human pronunciation for most words (American accent)
- part of speech for all all words (for example, word "crack" has different meaning as noun, adjective and verb)
- offline database and pronunciation (you can learn anywhere without signal - subway, airplane, etc)
- detailed explanation for all words and example sentences (online access to lexical database of English and thesaurus)
- words are categorized by use in real language, you will start learning words with higher frequency and continue learning with less frequently used terms
- adjustable speed of learning, learn at your own pace
- many types of practice exercises and quizzes (Hangman, Multiple choice, Spelling)
- prepare for your exams, TOEFL, PET, FCE atd.
- build your own lessons (prepare for a test next week, a new lesson in textbook or whatever you want to learn as quickly as possible)
This is not a crash course, which you can use to learn English miraculously in three weeks. If you have been learning English for couple years and if you want to take your English to the next level, you can use this program to learn more effectively. You will cut down the time required to remember large volumes of vocabulary and remember it permanently.
The program records your answers and it is based on spaced repetition learning method. Words, new or forgotten flashcards will be repeated more frequently, and well-remembered flashcards will be reviewed at longer intervals. The program creates a new flashcard set for every day review. The Review words are based on your previous answers and the word proficiency. This program works best if you use it everyday - just use it for a few minutes on the way to school or to work, and you will see the results in just a few weeks. You will learn by completing short daily lesson and by focusing on new words or words which need more attention.
This application is best used in combination with classical learning from a textbook. You can create your own lesson from the textbook, and you can learn this lesson as often as needed. This way you will be able to memorize new words for a quiz or test and create short-term knowledge. This program will take care about your permanent knowledge after the long-term learning process will kick in.